According to figures released by Covered California last month, about 1.5 million Californians signed up for insurance through the state marketplace Covered California during the three-month open-enrollment period that ended January 31. The enrollment numbers decreased by 2 percent compared with the previous year. This means that not that many people were deterred from signing […]
Community activists fear that the Trump administration’s approach toward the open enrollment period for the health law’s insurance marketplaces could reverse advances made in the number of Latinos covered. Last year, Latinos were highly sought customers for the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) marketplace plans, but they are not getting the same attention this year. Unfortunately, […]
Many Latinos and Latinas do not get regular checkups related to their sexual and reproductive health, which needs to change in order for them to maintain a healthy life. The National Coalition for Sexual Health (NCSH) has teamed up with Latino and Latina groups to bring more awareness and improve preventative sexual health services in […]
- Latino Advocacy Group Launched Young Voter Registration Campaign
- When it Comes to Autism, Black and Latino Children are Often Overlooked
- Study reveals that working class Latino families are still struggling to crack the college dream in California
- Study Reveals that Latino Parents are Stressed out over Immigration Policy
- Are U.S. Latinos the Blind Spot of America?