There is a bill going through the California Assembly that would essentially prevent landlords from asking a tenant or a potential tenant about his or her immigration status. Assembly Bill 291 (AB 291) is being sponsored by Assemblymember David Chiu (D-San Francisco). The bill would also ban landlords from threatening to report a tenant to […]
Last year, the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) implemented the “Health For All Kids” law, which allowed California children under the age of 19 to receive full Medi-Cal Benefits, regardless of their immigration status. The benefits also cover dental care and mental health, which is far better than what they received before the […]
A Latina, Chelsea Batista, was accepted into 11 out of the 18 medical schools that she applied for, despite the fact that she was worried that she was not going to get accepted into any of the medical schools. She was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and her parents are immigrants from the […]
- Latino Advocacy Group Launched Young Voter Registration Campaign
- When it Comes to Autism, Black and Latino Children are Often Overlooked
- Study reveals that working class Latino families are still struggling to crack the college dream in California
- Study Reveals that Latino Parents are Stressed out over Immigration Policy
- Are U.S. Latinos the Blind Spot of America?