Unfortunately, California’s Latino students are not succeeding at school at the same rate as students from other ethnic groups. Latino students make up the majority in California, with 3.3 million Latinos attending California’s K-12 public schools. There are also 1 million Latino students that comprise 35 percent of California’s higher education student population. Ryan Smith, […]
Covina-Valley Unified School District has a high student success rate and has managed to narrow its Latino achievement gap. Latino students make up 75 percent of the district’s 12,000-student enrollment and have a 97 percent graduation rate, which is among the highest percentages of any ethnic group in any district in California. The Latino students […]
According to a report by John Meyers, Los Angeles Times, “Over time the California Lottery has provided slightly less than 2 cents of every dollar in what’s spent to operate K-12 schools. “In fact, two pennies of every dollar is the high-water mark. Data compiled by the independent legislative analyst’s office shows that for most […]
- Latino Advocacy Group Launched Young Voter Registration Campaign
- When it Comes to Autism, Black and Latino Children are Often Overlooked
- Study reveals that working class Latino families are still struggling to crack the college dream in California
- Study Reveals that Latino Parents are Stressed out over Immigration Policy
- Are U.S. Latinos the Blind Spot of America?