The flu season in California this year has been severe and so many people have fallen sick with influenza that it has caused pharmacies to run out of flu medicines, emergency rooms have been packed, and the death toll has been rising higher than in previous years. Health officials announced last week that 27 people, […]
The U.S. Justice Department announced last month that Walmart has paid $1.65 million to settle claims that it defrauded California’s Medi-Cal program by collecting payments for unneeded or unapproved drugs. Walmart, which has pharmacies in 283 stores in California, was accused of billing Medi-Cal for drugs after misrepresenting doctors’ assessments of the need for the […]
- When it Comes to Autism, Black and Latino Children are Often Overlooked
- Study reveals that working class Latino families are still struggling to crack the college dream in California
- Study Reveals that Latino Parents are Stressed out over Immigration Policy
- Are U.S. Latinos the Blind Spot of America?
- Report finds that California leads the nation in pedestrian deaths