Last year, the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) implemented the “Health For All Kids” law, which allowed California children under the age of 19 to receive full Medi-Cal Benefits, regardless of their immigration status. The benefits also cover dental care and mental health, which is far better than what they received before the […]
A report by the Urban Institute, a nonprofit group that carries out economic and social policy research, found that geographical factors play a role in how much a state spends on children and that there are substantial differences between states. States in the Southern and Western regions of the United States spend less per child […]
A Latina, Chelsea Batista, was accepted into 11 out of the 18 medical schools that she applied for, despite the fact that she was worried that she was not going to get accepted into any of the medical schools. She was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and her parents are immigrants from the […]
- Central Valley sees an Increased Demand for Immigration Lawyers
- There are few Donors for Latino Leukemia Patients
- Netflix Show May Help Latino Families Discuss Mental Health
- San Francisco Taking Steps to end Homelessness for Veterans
- California’s Don’t Like the Gas Tax, so why is the Legislature Demanding Another $.73/gal?