According to Sandra Flores, program director for Fresno County’s Preterm Birth Initiative (PTBi.), poor communities of color “are bearing the burden” of a slew of health issues and the disparities related to the reproductive health of the city’s youth are contributing to stalling education and to cyclical poverty. Flores states, We really have to start […]
Last year, the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) implemented the “Health For All Kids” law, which allowed California children under the age of 19 to receive full Medi-Cal Benefits, regardless of their immigration status. The benefits also cover dental care and mental health, which is far better than what they received before the […]
- Latino Advocacy Group Launched Young Voter Registration Campaign
- When it Comes to Autism, Black and Latino Children are Often Overlooked
- Study reveals that working class Latino families are still struggling to crack the college dream in California
- Study Reveals that Latino Parents are Stressed out over Immigration Policy
- Are U.S. Latinos the Blind Spot of America?