Assemblyman Patrick O’Donnell (D-Long Beach) has introduced AB 1951, which would allow local school boards to replace the standardized tests typically given in students’ junior year with a nationally recognized college entrance exam like the SAT or ACT. The bill would let school districts use the funds they already spend on standardized testing to subsidize […]
A proposed bill was introduced last month in the State Assembly that would ban youth tackle football in California and make it the first state to ban the sport for the youth. The bill, known as the Safe Youth Football Act, was introduced by Assemblymembers Kevin McCarty (D-Sacramento) and Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher (D-San Diego) in […]
- Latino Advocacy Group Launched Young Voter Registration Campaign
- When it Comes to Autism, Black and Latino Children are Often Overlooked
- Study reveals that working class Latino families are still struggling to crack the college dream in California
- Study Reveals that Latino Parents are Stressed out over Immigration Policy
- Are U.S. Latinos the Blind Spot of America?