There is a bill going through the California Assembly that would essentially prevent landlords from asking a tenant or a potential tenant about his or her immigration status. Assembly Bill 291 (AB 291) is being sponsored by Assemblymember David Chiu (D-San Francisco). The bill would also ban landlords from threatening to report a tenant to […]
According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, the number of adults without health insurance in the Los Angeles County has dipped below one million. In 2011, there were 1.7 million adults in the Los Angeles County that were uninsured and in 2015 that dropped to 750 million adults without insurance. This decline […]
- Central Valley sees an Increased Demand for Immigration Lawyers
- There are few Donors for Latino Leukemia Patients
- Netflix Show May Help Latino Families Discuss Mental Health
- San Francisco Taking Steps to end Homelessness for Veterans
- California’s Don’t Like the Gas Tax, so why is the Legislature Demanding Another $.73/gal?