According to a 2016 survey of Latino adults by Pew Research Center, three-quarters of U.S. Latinos get their news from internet sources on a typical weekday. Surprisingly, this is almost equal to the share of U.S. Latinos that get their news from television. In recent years, the share of people getting their news from TV […]
Since 2007, the National Human Trafficking Hotline has received 2,200 calls concerning sex trafficking with connections to Mexico or Latin America. The organization that operates the hotline, Polaris, plans to target the Latino demographic, with an emphasis on the Houston area, in its latest anti-trafficking campaign. Polaris is partnering with Hispanic Communications Network, a social […]
A survey of 1,500 young people was conducted regarding how social media platforms impact their health, anxiety, body image, depression, and self-esteem. Surprisingly, the survey showed that Instagram negatively affected young people’s body image, sleeping patterns, and gave them the fear of missing out (FOMO). Shirley Cramer, who is with the group behind the survey, […]
- Latino Advocacy Group Launched Young Voter Registration Campaign
- When it Comes to Autism, Black and Latino Children are Often Overlooked
- Study reveals that working class Latino families are still struggling to crack the college dream in California
- Study Reveals that Latino Parents are Stressed out over Immigration Policy
- Are U.S. Latinos the Blind Spot of America?