An inspiring story has come out of the Bay Area in which a group of woman has come together to help Latinas and develop a culture of philanthropy. Over a dozen Latina professionals in San Francisco, with a similar motivation to give back to their community, each donate over $1,000 a year to a giving […]
After-school and summer programs are important for students, especially low-income students, because they provide students with things such as homework help, field trips, social support and meals, among other things. California’s subsidized after-school programs serve around 859,000 low-income students at 4,500 schools statewide. These programs are free to parents of low-income students and they are […]
- When it Comes to Autism, Black and Latino Children are Often Overlooked
- Study reveals that working class Latino families are still struggling to crack the college dream in California
- Study Reveals that Latino Parents are Stressed out over Immigration Policy
- Are U.S. Latinos the Blind Spot of America?
- Report finds that California leads the nation in pedestrian deaths