There is a bill going through the California Assembly that would essentially prevent landlords from asking a tenant or a potential tenant about his or her immigration status. Assembly Bill 291 (AB 291) is being sponsored by Assemblymember David Chiu (D-San Francisco). The bill would also ban landlords from threatening to report a tenant to […]
Last year, the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) implemented the “Health For All Kids” law, which allowed California children under the age of 19 to receive full Medi-Cal Benefits, regardless of their immigration status. The benefits also cover dental care and mental health, which is far better than what they received before the […]
According to an analysis of federal data by the ACL-CIO, the number of Latinos that died on the job in 2015 increased from previous years, even though the rate of workplace deaths nationwide did not change. According to KPCC, The report found 4,836 workplace fatalities nationwide, a rate of 3.4 people per 100,000. Among Latinos, […]
- Central Valley sees an Increased Demand for Immigration Lawyers
- There are few Donors for Latino Leukemia Patients
- Netflix Show May Help Latino Families Discuss Mental Health
- San Francisco Taking Steps to end Homelessness for Veterans
- California’s Don’t Like the Gas Tax, so why is the Legislature Demanding Another $.73/gal?